Thursday, November 1, 2012

Out and About on my Horse

I went on a ride down the Rail Road Grade at the eastern edge of our property today.  My Dad came with me just to make sure that my horse, Coriander, was ready for the task at hand.  She is a 15 year old Arabian that came to us as a rescue just under 4 years ago.  At the time I got her, she wasn't even halter broke, let alone under saddle.  And on top of that, I had taken a 23 year hiatus from riding - what a great combination!  As luck should have it, we stumbled upon a wonderful local riding instructor and trainer, Bethany Jernigan. With a great deal of skill and patience, Bethany has brought this odd couple a very long way indeed.  After about 5 minutes of walking down the gravel road, Dad unclipped Coriander and we were on our own.  She did great - here is the view from the top of my horse.


No comments:

Post a Comment