Monday, September 17, 2012

Harvey Warrick's Lincolns

Every now and again, something so wonderful happens in my life, that I feel I should pinch myself to make sure that I am not dreaming.  Just such a thing has happened yesterday.  These lovely sheep walked off of the trailer and onto my farm:


They are the core of Harvey Warrick's white Lincoln flock, which just arrived here at North Valley Farm in Yamhill, OR from Adrian, MI courtesy of Doug Montgomery of Bideawee Farm over in Newberg.  They are absolutely beautiful, every last one of them, and their fleeces are divine.  And so begins another chapter in my quest to put together a Lincoln breeding program that is commercially viable using these tough and intelligent sheep that have roots going back to the Roman invasion of England.

1 comment:

  1. I have been working with a beautiful full Lincoln fleece this summer and have ended up with the most beautiful yarn. Lucky you to have such wonderful fiber animals!!!

    ReplyDelete